EXPLORING THE TEXT
- What makes a girl labeled "good" or "bad"?
- To what extent do you see Psyche taking after her mother's behaviour and mannerisms?
- What emotions does swearing alleviate?
- How might Eros interpret Psyche's revelation at the end of the book?
CONNECTING THE TEXT
- How do you a girl labeled "good" or "bad"? How do girls label themselves? How do boys label them?
- To what extent do you see yourself taking after a parent's behaviour and mannerisms?
- What situations and contexts do you find yourself swearing a little or a lot?
- How might you react to a friend or a lover's revelation that they have been raped or been "slutty"?
- The word "virgin" used to mean young maiden (a teen girl), but has now since evolved to describe a person of any gender who has no experience with sexual contact. To what extent does a double standard around active sexuality exist in your community for young men and women? Have you ever had a personal experience or know someone who has been shamed for being or choosing not to be sexually active?